Loved doing this recipe; healthy with a touch of deliciously naughty chocolate chips.
– Vey popular for its health benefits –
CHIA SEEDS; full of fiber, protein, omega 3 fatty acids and various micronutrients, they are among the most nutritious foods out there.
FRUIT; you can choose to add any type of fruit really with these chia bowls. Fruits are, as you all well know, very good for the health also.
SOJA MILK; I tend to use soja milk (or coconut milk/almond milk) simply as digesting dairy can sometimes be troublesome for me. So soja is one of many healthy alternatives.
CHOC CHIPS (for the naughty ones); nothing really healthy here i must admit but it just tastes too good.
Recipe used in photo:
You will need:
- Chia seeds
- Soja milk (or milk of your own preference)
- 1 sachet vanilla sugar (or maple syrup maybe?)
- Raspberries (i buy them frozen)
- Chocolate chips
I’m afraid i don’t really do quantities, preferences may differ when it comes to thick, runny, more fruit, less fruit etc.
As mentioned above, depending on the thickness you wish to obtain, you may want to add more or fewer chia seeds.
- Pour soja milk into bowl, add chia seeds, vanilla sugar and stir. Let it set for 30 seconds, then stir again. Repeat this several times.
- Keep cool in fridge overnight (personally sometimes I’m just so impatient I wham it in the freezer or fridge and dig into it a couple of hours on).
- Take out of fridge and make sure the mixture has set. Meaning that it is no longer liquid and the chia seeds have well absorbed the milk and now form a strong gue.
- Chop up your fruit into the shapes and sizes of your liking and set on top. Add on the chocolate chips (or any extra ingredients of your liking).
Don’t hesitate to share yours!