Fancy something healthy and fresh to chew on in the morning? These gluten free toasts are full of goodness to kick off your day.
Scrambled egg, omelet, yoghurt, smoothie… they’re all great but sometimes I want something to chew on! But guilt-free and tasty!
Get these ingredients together and you’ll be in for a treat! These toasts offer crunchiness with the grilled bread, sweetness and guilt-free indulgence thanks to that beautiful homemade caramel sauce and freshness with the red fruit on top! Not to mention the coconut and chocolate chips (choc is optional)!
You will need:
- Gluten free sliced bread
- 1 cup dates
- Coconut milk
- Guar gum powder or guaran powder
- Red fruit
- Coconut chippings
- Chocolate chips
- Food mixer
How to make the caramel sauce:
- Have 1 cup of pitted dates; you can either buy them already pitted or do it yourself
- Add the coconut milk; i just add and adjust quantities according to the taste desired
- Put mixture into food mixer apparatus and mix until smooth and creamy
- Add guar gum powder to thicken if necessary
How to make the toasts:
- Grill your gluten free slices in the oven
- Now that you’ve made your caramel sauce, smother the desired quantity on your grilled bread
- Add the red fruit
- Sprinkle your coconut and choc chips (the choc chips start to melt … De li cious!)
So there you have it! You’ll be surprised how tasty these actually are…
Enjoy! And please feel free to share your comments!