3 main ingredients, easy to make & deliciously fresh. Beetroot isn’t always the ingredient that comes to mind when we want to cook; maybe because we don’t really know what to do with it.
This is an easy, quick and tasty recipe for you to enjoy it. Only 3 main ingredients and others which are optional (although I do recommend them as they add flavour).
As you may know, beetroot boasts many health benefits such as: lower blood pressure, increased blood flow, improved athletic performances and can even help dementia and diabetes thanks to its antioxydants. All in all; it’s HEALTHY!
You will need:
- cooked beetroot (i buy cooked as it’s quicker)
- red onions/shallots
- white wine vinegar
- pumpkin seeds
- herbs of provence
How to do it:
- Chop up beetroot into little dices (be careful: it stains!)
- Slice onions into thin bits and fry.
- Let onions cool down a little before mixing with chopped beetroot.
- Add white wine vinegar (adapt dosage to your taste)
- Sprinkle some pumpkin seeds and herbs on top. (fry the pumpkin seeds if you like)